HYB: cooler climate rebloomers

Geoff, you could have had no more thorough reply than the one Betty Wilkerson
wrote for you.  She is gracious, knowledgeable and a very good source of solid
information.  She specializes in reblooming irises, if you didn't catch that
by what all she said.

I simply would like to add a word of welcome to the list--and to encourage
you, if reblooming irises are your primary interest, to join BOTH the American
Iris Society and the Reblooming Iris Society, which is a section or
co-operating society--I never can keep straight which is which--of the AIS.

Betty has given you references to some very useful sites on the Internet where
enormous amounts of information can be accessed.  I encourage you to check out
that of the American Iris Society also, as it provides a sort of an umbrella
organization and set of information to get you oriented in the iris world.

The URL for the AIS is http://www.irises.org/ .  From that front page you can
navigate in a number of directions.  This is a large, complex genus of plants
with many and fascinatingly different plants.  Just browsing the site and its
links will keep you out of trouble (or perhaps get you into it!) for quite a

Again, a warm welcome.  We're glad you're here.  If you have more questions,
just ask.  We all are likely to offer you more by way of answers than you ever
wanted to know (just kidding--I hope).

Neil Mogensen   USDA zone 7(ish), western North Carolina mountains