Re: HYB:Goals

Betty

Our summers are very up and down things. True we have heat waves of a week
or so above 35oC, but also most of the time the temp is 26-32oC. I don't
loose much bloom to heat. I like ones that bloom Feb-Mar, then again in
May (before the heavy frosts) and again in spring (Oct). In much of
Australia there are no heavy frosts so the requirement is for irises that
repeat several times between late Feb and August. Also for many areas the
summers aren't humid and although the blooms pass more quickly they are
still much apprecated.
Some such as Rosalie Figge and Double Shot tend to have at least 4 rounds
of blooming for me. I noticed this morning that Double Shot is heading up
again. People who have bought Double Shot from me often comment on it's
fantastic growth and frequent bloom.

Colleen

In a message dated 1/30/2005 6:07:49 P.M. Central Standard Time,