Re: Re: HYB Goals

I agree with you Char, this has been a long wish for me... that we would know
and identify irises which have a longer individual bloom life. You wouldn't
need 12 buds if each bud lasted a day or two longer. I know one iris which I
have noticed has very long bloom life for me, that is Syncopation (Gatty 83).
I wish we had a test trial where we could evaluate irises in different regions
and tract this desirable asset. Does anyone else know of specific varieties
they have observed?

My second goal would be to develop large fluffy beards. I know everyone got
excited with the appendage thing. I think there's opportunity for excitement
in just having beards over twice the size they are now.
Kitty, N. Calif.