Re: Re: HYB Goals

On Jan 31, 2005, at 8:00 AM, <loberg@adelphia.net> wrote:

I know one iris which I
have noticed has very long bloom life for me, that is Syncopation (Gatty 83).
I wish we had a test trial where we could evaluate irises in different regions
and tract this desirable asset. Does anyone else know of specific varieties
they have observed?
The one cv I remember being very impressed with in this respect was AARON'S BONUS. I wasn't specifically noting the longevity of each individual flower the one time it bloomed here before disappearing, but I do remember being amazed at the single stalk's overall period of bloom. It just went on and on and on. I don't remember there being an excessive number of buds, though, which would imply that each individual flower had a longer than normal lifespan.

Laurie