Borer resistance

I seen it expressed that there is no such thing as
borer resistant irises. I've also seen it mentioned
that the MTB's don't seem to be as bothered by borers
as typical TB's. I'm pretty sure I've seen some
differences, just in the relatively few irises I've
grown. For instance, a hybrid between Iris variegata
and suaveolens seems to only suffer minimal or
occassional damage while hybrids of Iris pallida and
variegata are heavily attacked. It is possible that
the difference is due to some growing condition; but
these two clumps are only a few feet from each other.
Has anyone else noticed any bearded irises to have
less borer damage than the average bearded iris?