Re: CULT: goals (was HYB goals)

In a message dated 1/31/05 9:30:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

<< Ok, Anner, you asked - so as a grower, what kinds of iris would you like
 to see hybridizers working on? >>

Linda, I frankly don't think my personal taste or interests are mainstream
enough for anyone to factor them into a hybridizing plan.

The only personal hybridizing goals I've had were to cross Iris tectorum alba
with Dykes' ' Moonlight,'  to cross Cayeux' 'Numa Rumestan' with a strong
near-white pallida, and to cross Iris Nelsonii or something similar with a clean
white pseudacorus, crosses conceived aesthetically and intellectually rather
than from any sound understanding of genetics.

Has anyone in Region 4 seen the Newscast recently? I thought it was published
in December but have not had one arrive here since late summer.

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA