CULT:Borer resistance

Tom, I have seen references to FOGBOUND being borer resistant, so my guess
would be that Honky Tonk Blues, Wishful Thinking and that family line would
have many with the trait.  It could be as simple as an unpleasant tasting
chemical of some kind in the leaves and roots.  The CROWNED HEADS
group--including Alpenview and Wintry Sky may have the effect too.

Anthocyanins are bitter.  I wonder if varieties with the red or purple
leafbases that extend a long ways up the leaf are less susceptible?  Anyone
have comments?

I know for sure that MAID OF AVALON, MIAH JANE and DUSKY CHALLENGER are <not>
resistant. I have to watch my beds with special care, and still occasionally
something gets past me and the sprays--which don't seem very effecting any
more.

I'm going to try Imidicloprid (Merit) in the formulations available here, both
for grub control in the lawn near the iris beds and in the spaces between the
rows of iris.  I'm not sure about app rates, so will have to do some guessing
from the directions on the bag.

Neil Mogensen  z  7  western NC mountains