From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of Michael
D. Greenfield
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 4:59 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] Re: HYB Goals

1. To get squirrels to leave the iris in the ground long enough to bloom.

2. For Mother Nature to let me have dry blooms and pollen to make crosses
that take.

3. To grow as many seedlings as I have room for.

#1 & #2 have kept me from accomplishing #3.

Once I succeed at #3 I plan to try for a zone 5 re-blooming SDB. I got the
re-bloomers but very ugly ones.

Kind of working for a ruffled Olympiad with red beards.

Mike Greenfield
Zone 5b
SW Ohio
Region 6