yep, it's my ISP

While I'm not the only one having problems, apparently my ISP's mail server has been reverting to feral state, getting more and more intractable, so they are going to put it out of its misery by the end of the month and move to another server.

It's a small group of people (typical two men in a garage type operation), & they've been having to fix one mail routing problem after another for me, but they haven't been able to do anything about this particular one with yahoogroups.

So while I may still have problems with yahoogroups after January, they should be different ones :-(

Thanks John, Steve, and the rest of you who've been putting up with all my complaining.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8