Re: Re: HYB: Fw: Translingual registrations

I do not have a copy of the International Code of
Cultivated Plants because it is rather expensive, 55
euros. But I remember there was some discussion that
plant names should be in the language of their country
of origin. I suspect this is not a hard and fast rule
but a recommendation in the code. The code itself is
printed into several languages but English is the
official version. I heard that at the botanical
congress in St Louis that an argument was made that
everything should be in the language spoken by the
most people, but somehow Chinese was not mandated.