REF: Translingual registrations

In a message dated 1/14/2007 3:31:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tasquierloic@cs.com writes:

<<<I'm sorry if i have sounded a bit obsessionnal to some of  you, but i
wanted to
push the logic to the limit, hoping to show this way  that there might be a
problem somewhere!

Why? The rules need not be able to withstand being  reduced to near illogic
to function adequately. The simple goal of  the registration system is to
foster disabmbiguation, and the  reader's contribution to the process is to not go
out of his way  to confuse himself.

<<<Mike Lowe has decided[. . . .]different enough to be both  registered. [.
. . .] I mean  Alienor d' Aquitaine and Eleanor of  Aquitaine
Why not? These two names don't look alike, and they don't  sound alike.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA