Re: REF: Translingual registrations

In a message dated 1/15/2007 4:42:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Cseggen1@aol.com writes:

<<I am often befuddled by your writing but on this subject  I  agree!

I befuddle myself sometimes, Connie. You are not missing much,  truth to
tell. As to definitions, note that deceit as such is not  always a component of
the word. It can also just mean a discussion  that appears valid, but is not
very sound.

<<Is it really all that important?
Yes,  I think questions involving registration are always  important. I am
not, however, convinced that there is a crisis  here. Griff, on the other hand,
is not so sure. Mike Lowe would be  the one to ask, as he knows with what
frequency, if any, the code of rules  with which he works fails to apply to the
real cases at  hand.
<<One would think that if a hybridizer  spent as much time as  it takes to
introduce a new iris, that person would do all they could to be  certain the
name was not confused with another hybridizers product.  And  that's all I have
to say about that!
Yes, you would think so.
I hear the weather is terrible in Missouri. Take care.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA