Re: Re: CULT:HYB: Mann's background babies

  Great minds think along similar lines.
  You may remember I mentioned my communion cup pots. The thread got me so worried that my seedlings were going to be stunted that I gave everything that had three leaves the Bart Simpson haircut.  I figured that when the haircut got uneven I would know they were growing on their own and not out of their seeds.
  No way man!

Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com> wrote:
  Trimming has the added benefit of letting me know when they start
growing again & how fast (i.e., which crosses are showing the greatest
strength) - inner leaves grow faster than outer ones (or maybe the outer
ones aren't growing at all), so new growth shows up as uneven heights of
trimmed leaves.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
East Tennessee Iris Society
American Iris Society web site