Re: RE: Translingual Registrations

John:  here is how it is done in the SIGNA checklist;

Yaara.  (David Shahak, R.  1986). Sdlg. 81RM58.
AR, 18 (45 cm), E. Standards light purple (RHS 76C),
veined and dotted darker; falls yellow-orange (20C),
dotted purple, heavier near small dark purple signal;
purple beard. (Iris samariae X  S.T. 72-170: (Iris
antilibanotica x Iris camillae)). Translation from
Hebrew means  Honeycomb. [Iris lortetii Samariae X
Onco Hybrid].

I have also been translating botanical Latin; and in
the botanical section you might find something like
the following

I. albispiritus Small.  (John Kunkel Small, 1929),
Series Hexagonae, Collected LA Iris see part 2
Albispiritus. Synonym of Iris hexagona subsp.
savannarum forma albispiritis (Small) N. Henderson.
(1992)]. [AHL-bi-SPEAR-i-tus, white spirit (ghost)].

Both Botanists and horticulturalists seem to have a
passion from creating new words. I find if meanings
are accessible the strange sounding words seem less
formidable.