Re: Re: HYB: ?heredity of orange question(s)

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: ?heredity of orange question(s)
  • From: Paul Archer <pharcher@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 08:38:10 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Lycopene is recessive to orange and orange (as well as pink) is recessive to yellow.  Pigment pathway is lycopene converted to orange then converted to yellow.  The issue that is really in play (in theory) is the tetraploid factor.  All can be present is various dosages and have intensifiers and distribution factors.