Re: HYB:REB:Collective wisdom-1

  • Subject: Re: HYB:REB:Collective wisdom-1
  • From: Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:30:04 -0800 (PST)

As for reds, I do think Wearing Rubies is well worth working with.  One of the
Matrix x Wearing Rubies sdlgs has attempted rebloom several years now- not
beating our frosts.  (enought to share now though if anyone wants to try it in
a reblooming red program) WR can give decent branching and bud count with
pretty diverse things.
Have a number of seedlings from Sheeba"s Queen x Wearing Rubies, none very
exciting.  But there were some second generation seedlings from the SQ crosses
which were more worthwhile.
Berniece"s Legacy isn"t doing well here so far, which is too bad as it seems
an obvious choice.
Popstar is one that I will use yet.  The form on the Popstar x Renown
seedlings was better than most.  Still want a Popstar x Matrix cross.
I don"t grow enough blacks to have much of anything to add, though for growth,
Black Suited is very strong here.  Did use Decker on Ozark Rebounder.
Its always nice when the days start getting longer and spring is that much
Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE