Re: HYB: ?heredity of orange questions?

  • Subject: Re: HYB: ?heredity of orange questions?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:23:23 -0500

Thanks for going over all of that (again?), Chuck.

But I'm still not sure I understand how orange is inherited, or rather how to guestimate probability of getting orange from various types of crosses.

Paul's version is easy (easier!) to understand - pink is recessive to orange which is recessive to yellow.

Not to forget reduced anthocyanin set of genes

Maybe my brain is simply not quite ready to wrap around this one yet. I may have to wait & see the babies bloom....
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8