CULT: Bearded iris myths
  • Subject: CULT: Bearded iris myths
  • From: "Kelly D. Norris" <kellydn@frontiernet.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:32:55 -0600

Hello all,

Some of you may know that I'm working on a book on bearded irises for Timber
Press (due out in April 2012).  One of the chapters I've always wanted to
write is the "myths" behind growing bearded irises.  We've all heard them or
been but on the spot with them at a question/answer booth or during a
presentation.  I'm looking to collect a "top 10" of sorts, but despite
hearing these for years and years, I feel like I'm coming up short with my

So here's the question-what do you consider the top myths behind growing
bearded irises?  I posted this same question on our Facebook page too
(Rainbow Iris Farm: http://www.facebook.com/rainbowirisfarm).

Thanks for any help and suggestions!  Happy 2011!

Kelly D. Norris

Farm Manager, Rainbow Iris Farm

Editor, Irises: The Bulletin of the American Iris Society

Bedford & Ames, IA

Zone 4b/5a

Read my blog at:  <http://www.kellydnorris.com/> http://www.kellydnorris.com