Re: CULT: Bearded iris myths
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Bearded iris myths
  • From: SDAyres2@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 07:52:18 EST

I concur with 1/2" of soil.  I am from New Mexico and the sunlight is  a
bit intense down here.  We tell people to  ignore what they may have  gleamed
from the web or books and to cover the rhizomes with 1/2" of soil to
protect them from the sun  while they are starting out.  It doesn't  seem to
prevent them from blooming.  Not all newly planted rhizomes bloom  but that is
typical anywhere.
You are from the other side of the country, right?
In a message dated 1/6/2011 8:21:32 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,