Re: Re: CULT: Bearded iris myths
  • Subject: Re: Re: CULT: Bearded iris myths
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 12:04:17 -0700

In our area, the major reason I get for not wanting to grow an iris is, it grows like a weed. Too me that's a reason to grow it, rather than not grow it in a desert environment. Anything that grows that doesn't stick me is on a plus side.

There are certain iris that certainly do grow though regardless of care. You go around any old home place here and you'll find iris. They haven't been tended to except by nature for over 50 years or more!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Mann" <lmann@lock-net.com>