Re: HYB: rebloom genetics
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: HYB: rebloom genetics
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 06:08:35 -0500

The plants are really crowded now and without getting down on my knees to check, it looks like there are about 11 surviving seedlings from HoM X RENOWN.

8 of them have pink flags indicating some kind of rebloom.

This year, most of the summers didn't bloom until late cycle=frozen time, so I'm not sure how many of these are cycle and how many might bloom earlier. Last year (maiden bloom for the cross), at least one of them started very early (Aug, I think).

I think RENOWN has "summer" bloomed once here, but rarely reblooms at all. HoM is a super reliable very early fall cycle bloomer here, totally different behavior from all other cycle rebloomers, which makes me think its rebloom genetic "package" is something different from other cycle rebloomers I've grown (or tried to grow).

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7