Re: HYB: rebloom genetics
  • Subject: Re: HYB: rebloom genetics
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 07:41:05 -0500

Wandering way outside the box here, Chuck, can you think of a mechanism where multiple doses of cycle genes would affect timing of bloom? Ignoring the simplest explanations, just wondering.

I.e., double or triple or quadruple dose of late fall cycle genes would cause earlier fall rebloom?

I guess a more plausible scenario would be the effect of multiple doses of the other factors (i.e., those affect growth rate to maturity) that might be associated with cycle genes.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7
<lots> of snow this morning.