HYB:default colors
  • Subject: HYB:default colors
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:47:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Just thought this might be of interest while everyone is snowed in . . . a
captive audience!  LOL!

During my first few years of breeding for rebloomers, one of the most
frustrating things I ran into is the abundance of default colors--puple,
yellow & dull creamy white.  Since most of the strong rebloomers present in
these colors, it was necessary to use them in just about everything.  Made
even worse by breeding with Feed Back, Immortality & Corn Harvest.

Still is to a lesser degree or perhaps in lesser shades.  It's been
difficult--wading through all the default colors!

My area got a minimum dusting of snow, but school is closed anyway!  Can't
blame them.  If snow cover is good for irises, I'm going to have a wonderful
spring season!

Betty W.  . . . just saying.