  • Subject: CULT:Weather
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 17:07:36 -0500 (EST)

Many of us have had a colder winter than normal.  Of course, there is still
time for it to get even worse. I think most of us are hoping for a little
warmth in the next 6 weeks or so, but . . . that might carry complications.
I'd rather have it stay below freezing until April 1 than have a repeat of
2007 spring.

For years we were told that an early, but long and cold winter, though
difficult for us humans, was good for killing off the bad bugs.
Theoretically, they usually don't dig deep enough, for their winter cycle, to
withstand the extreme cold.  Now the experts are saying, "Not true."

I've believed that the alternating freeze and thaw that comes with the winter
we're having this year would improve my germination rate.  Seeds would be more
likely to crack with this routine.  The snow cover should be good for them
too.  The seed should stay damp for a longer period of time.

Looking for some golden linings.

Betty Wilkerson