Re: CULT: weather
  • Subject: Re: CULT: weather
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:10:34 -0500

From what I've been hearing on the news, this winter has broken some record or other for duration of cold. Sorry to hear that about the bugs, Betty. At least the aphids don't have as much green on the irises to feed them this winter, so I'm hoping they will get off to a slower start.

Low temperatures here this winter are still a good 10 to 15oF warmer than they used to be, just not bouncing up and down like it used to do. I don't think it's gotten to the single digits this winter & it used to drop below zero at least once every year.

This constant cold may be good for the irises, but not for my attitude! I don't know how you folks with "real" winter every year stand it! Will daffodils really be starting to bloom in another 6 weeks or so? Hard to imagine this year.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7