CULT: weather: more
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: CULT: weather: more
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:41:54 -0500 (EST)

Something has been grazing on my irises.  When I noticed it in the bed beside
the car port I thought it was my resident rabbits.  Now, I've found they've
removed the foliage from a section of the 3 gallon pots!  The bite marks look
too wide and big to be rabbits so I have to conclude that the local deer have
run out of food.  I've not seen this before and it's a long time till plants
start growing again.

<<record or other for duration of cold>>

I mention this because I've not seen it before in my years of growing irises.

Betty W.