HYB: more sprouts
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: HYB: more sprouts
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:56:51 -0500

Two crosses from GOLDEN IMMORTAL have sprouted (yesterday & today). One an F1, the other an F2. My notes say one had all icky seeds, so I'm surprised any of those are coming up.

First flush of sprouts from other crosses started showing above ground Jan 4, some from those crosses are still coming up, every time it gets much above 45oF out there.

Last night was finally above freezing for a change, which means temps on the sunporch are finally staying above fridge temperature - ~50 to 60oF.

Probably too few data to say GOLDEN IMM descendants need warmer temps to sprout than the others I'm working with, but might be true. Thought I'd share.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7