RE: Re: HYB: rebloom genetics
  • Subject: RE: Re: HYB: rebloom genetics
  • From: Francelle <fjmjedwards@q.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:33:10 -0700

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Hello all geneticists,
I still haven't had any comments on the type of rebloom I have been getting
here in the unique southern Arizona climate.  I never get fall rebloom as it
takes too long for the rebloomers to recover from temperatures above 100
degrees F. that last  until late October.  I have to satisfy myself with TB
irises that will give almost continual bloom for two to three months in the
spring.  My Cloud Reflection, (Mesmerizer X Pink Champagne), will bloom from
March 1 to May 20 as will about one fourth of its seedlings.  Mesmerizer
will give about six weeks bloom in my garden.
I also have a seedling from Wearing Rubies X Epicenter that will bloom for
two months, and  my Coral Dancer, (Barbara My Love X Cast of Characters) has
given me several very long blooming seedlings when crossed with Pink
Champagne, though neither Coral Dancer or Pink Champagne have ever rebloomed
here and have only normal bloom periods themselves.
I wonder if some of you can tell my what type of rebloomers I am working

Francelle Edwards