Re: Re: HYB: TB: Anton Mego's new irises
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: TB: Anton Mego's new irises
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:44:31 +0100

http://www.myclimatechangegarden.com/blog/climate-zone-map-for-europe
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Linda Mann
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:08 PM
  Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: TB: Anton Mego's new irises

  Anybody know (more or less) what climate type Slovakia most resembles in
  the US?

  And what kind of growing conditions he has for selection of his
  seedlings - i.e., irrigated or not, good or poor air circulation (valley
  vs slope), erratic freezes or not, etc?

  I always try to guess from the parents how well new introductions might
  do here, but I can't tell from these. Some I've tried to grow, and while
  they didn't do well enough to be fertile growing out in the
  gravel/drought/fog/dew/flood, they probably could have been used for
  breeding if protected & grown in pots.  & therefore some strong
  seedlings for here would be possible.

  Trying not to get too carried away by the pretty faces ;-)

  Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7