RE: Decadence
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Decadence
  • From: CarolKenl COLEMAN <ciop2606@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 14:03:48 -0700

I have Decadence here.  It is growing ok but went to alternate year blooming,
it bloomed in 2010, skipped 2011, and I will let you knowif it blooms in 2012.
It is a slow increase iris here and I had concerns about that.  So I will be
looking at how it does this spring.  Since wehave not had any moisture here
for some time, this winter could be a real test for it.  20 degrees at
night....40 plus in the daytime, day after day.So time will tell what it has
done to many of the iris this winter.  We do have low humidity here in the
summer but the winters can be the real test.  No snow cover and the
possibility of freeze dried plants.

Carol L. Coleman

C. Iris On Pond-Boise, Idaho