Re: Re: TB: Decadence
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Re: TB: Decadence
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 18:01:08 -0500 (EST)

I crossed Decadence onto 'Mountain Sunrise' and will forever keep three of their children. It was a gene combining cross and I didn't expect anything of introduction value, just something to use with rebloomers. One is yellow over burgandy with fall band, one is bitone blue and the third purple with deep plum falls. The blue one is strongest. They are not perfect, but to me they are beautiful. 2316-05 is in an album on FaceBook.

<<DECADENCE can be spectacular in suitable growing conditions.>>

I will use it again this coming spring if it blooms. Bloom season is always exciting. Germination was lousy this past spring but I did get three seedlings planted from 2128-01:(Sincerely Yours x Star Gate) x Decadence) X (Treasured x Pink Attraction).

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KY
autmirislvr@aol.com