Decadence as a parent
  • Subject: Decadence as a parent
  • From: Eugene Baxley <baxleyeugene@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 06:58:11 -0800 (PST)

    Parental abilities are not a criteria for AIS awards. So, even if
Decadence is the greatest parent ever, why is an iris that obvioulsy is a poor
grower is moving rapidly up the ladder of AIS awards toward the Dykes medal?
    I hear that Barry Blyth has put Decadence in over half of his 2012
    I have found from experience that Dykes medal and Wister
medal winners, on the average, are poor garden plants. I have eliminated most
of them. Queen's Circle is super here and Drama Queen is doing alright.
    I was out with a sharp shovel one day and I eased it under Decadence and
was headed for the garbage can with the whole clump when an iris friend came
up and asked for it. He took it home with him.