Re: Decadence as a parent
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Decadence as a parent
  • From: Anita Moran <avmoran1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:07:56 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I have Decadence and it has sone alright better now that it is in my ignore bed and I have used it three times on crosses one with an Arilbred.  With the Arilbred which has produced strong garden plants withthe Decadence cross of 10 seedlings one continues to survive.  With other tall bearded crosses 3 of 8 and 1 of 12 survived their ignore year where they got no care for a year.  They did not increase well before that but as you can see most died before they went into evaluation.  Pretty seedling oh my yes, the survivers are for the most part good plants if a little slow to increase, but the ones that struggles with seedling care could not survive in the average garden.  I would never vote for Decadence.