RE: Decadence
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Decadence
  • From: CarolKenl COLEMAN <ciop2606@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:32:32 -0700

Another thing that they should do is send their plants to the various
conventions, tours and any other event that requests iris.  That way their
work can be see by judges in other areas.  Being small is a small disadvantage
but if the work is good...the judges will at least get the chance to see them
and start to associate the name to various seedlings or introductions.
Nothing better than the hybridizer's name being out there in a number of
places to get noticed.  They could also use some test gardens in various
regions to see how their plants will do out of their home area.  Sometimes it
can surprise you and they do really well....or course sometimes they may not.
You have to be ready for anything that may happen....because it usually
does.Being small....means you may have to work harder. But it is worth the
effort.

Carol L. Coleman

C. Iris On Pond