RE: Re: TB: awards (was Decadence)
  • Subject: RE: Re: TB: awards (was Decadence)
  • From: <Maureen.Mark@fin.gc.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:41:36 -0500

Hi Linda,

All award systems are flawed in one way or another.  It comes down to what flaws are acceptable.  Changing the award system would be a significant undertaking.  A petition to the board is not required and is probably not productive.  What is required is a solid proposal for the board to consider.  Failing that, you could ask the board to strike a committee to assess the current system against potential alternate systems.  That means that there would have to be a group of people willing to volunteer some time to work it out.  And I would like to point out that the person who proposes this to the board is likely to become chair of the committee.  As to the process, you could write to the President or the Awards chair.

Maureen Mark