Mr Bexley
Thanks for filling my sails with your wind
I rest my case

Subject: decadence
From: Eugene Baxley <baxleyeugene@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 15:17:13 -0800 (PST)
Hi Terry Johnson,
     I read your comments on decadence with interest. To me
it does not make a whit of difference where an iris comes from. It is it's
performance in my garden that counts and Decadence did not perform even
mimally in my garden. Obviously it did not perform in many gardens in the
United States. We are not picking on Barrry Blyth. We are picking on
Decadence. If it did not perform well in so many gardens in the US our
of awards comes into question because Decadence got many awards we think it
should not have had. I believe our system of awards needs to be changed.
hybridized by both Keppel and Ghio with small leaves, small stems, small
rhizomes and outstanding blooms, when you could get a bloom, were
removed from
my garden in the same way that Decadence was removed becuse they did not
perform. They are not up for the Wister medal or the Dykes medal. They will
never be up for the Dykes medal because their time has run out. I have other
  iris from other hybridizers that have turned out the same way and they are
nonperforming the same way Decadence was. They will get the same treatment
Decadence got after the next bloom season if there is not significant
improvement in them.
     I have nine iris from Blyth and some from both Ghio
and Keppel. They have been here awhile and I hope they stay. I will continue
to buy iris, but I have learned to be much more careful about my purchases
because I have to eat the cost of those iris when they have to be eliminated
in the second year or later. Thus, there will be no dollar per rhizome
to you
for US iris that do not do well Mr. Johnson. You will just have to eat the
cost, as we do, for bad iris from any source.
Again I want to say, WE ARE NOT

E. Baxley
*Terry Johnson*
R.D 7, Hughes Line, Masterton 5887. *New Zealand.
Email: tjatwork@oakwaters.com <mailto:tjatwork@oakwaters.com>
Mobile 64 27 717 2071 *