HIST: Call for rhizome donations for 2012 HIPS rhizome sale
  • Subject: HIST: Call for rhizome donations for 2012 HIPS rhizome sale
  • From: Jean Richter <richter@eecs.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:55:21 -0800

2012 HIPS Rhizome Sale

Call for Donations

Once again it's time to check our gardens for extra rhizomes. Although it's winter and the iris are sleeping, please take time to let HIPS know which historic iris you might have to donate.

The HIPS annual rhizome sale is the largest source of income used to continue publishing ROOTS (with all of its glorious color photos) and other projects, without passing that cost on to the membership.

There is also a demand for historic iris (introduced 1982 or earlier) other than tall bearded. If you have older dwarfs, medians of all types, arils/arilbreds, Japanese, Spuria, Siberian, etc., please consider donating these also.

We will again be sharing our unidentified historics ("unknowns") this year. These can also be donated, if you give a short description and a photo.

Send your list of available rhizomes (with approximate quantities you have to send) no later than March 15, 2012 to:

Jean Richter
1226 High Street
Alameda, CA 94501

A list of the varieties available and instructions for ordering iris will be published in the Spring 2012 issue of ROOTS and listed on the HIPS web site (http://www.hips-roots.com).

Instructions and deadlines for sending the rhizomes will be sent to those donating iris. Generally speaking, we will need your rhizomes sent in early to mid July.

Thank you very much for supporting HIPS!

Jean Richter
HIPS Rhizome Sale Committee