Re: Rebloom & Happy New Year

From:  Leslie Liddiard  <liddiard@esn.net>
I was out cleaning up the iris bed today (temps in the low 50's after the Christmas ice storm) and, much to my amazement, there stood an iris stalk ready to bloom.  This is an unknown in my bed.  It is deep purple (standards and falls) with white beards.  I got a couple of these blooms off of the same plant just before last week's ice storm.  Thought I better cut this one since another ice storm is predicted for tonight.  If anyone has a guess as to the name, I'd appreciate your advice.
Sorry, I couldn't contain my excitement.  A Happy New Year to all of you.
Thanks for listening!
Leslie Liddiard
Goldsboro, NC
Zone 8