Re: CULT: Multiple Stalks

From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

vince lewonski wrote:
>    I have seen this twice - once this spring with SPEED LIMIT and a
> couple years ago with FANCY TALES.
>    Maybe multiple stalks are the result of damage to the rhizome. I
> strongly recommend NOT stepping on all of your fans in an attempt to
> stimulate the growth of additional stalks!

     I have seen this happen too.  When I lived in Kentucky, this
appeared to be more common after a late freeze.  SPEED LIMIT was one
which did this.
     I am not sure if it really is multiple bloom stalks comming from
one rhizome, or if it is one which branched at the base of the stalk.
In this case, the branch is often hidden by a leaf.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.	[I got my 365 Day bloom season for 1998]