Re: R; CULT Bloom out

From: Pat Bass <bpbass@gj.net>

Michael D. Greenfield wrote:

> From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
>
> Thanks Celia you have explained bloom out very clearly.

Mike,

I have had iris, especially from the west coast, "bloom out."  I think the
change in climate, humidity, etc. keeps them from adapting totally to the new
environment.  It seems when I was in Kansas that the iris from the west coast
were so large and seemingly filled with water, that when they hit our hot windy
conditions in KS that they just couldn't adapt and so bloomed the first year
from the stored food in the rhizome and then died, perhaps because it didn't
store any more?  Just a supposition, but it seems that is the way it was then.

As far as the words "bloom out,"  I am no English teacher, but when you say
"run out" or "spread out" or "break out,"  those are actions verbs and are
written as two words. In this case "bloom" is also an action verb in the same
way, denoting something happening, so I am sure it would be two words not one.
If it were a noun, then it might be "bloomout," but the way you are using it as
an action verb, I think it would be two.  End of lesson!  Anyone else have
positive info on this?

We have been melting here, no new snow, although they had 5" of new snow up on
Grand Mesa night before last.

Pat in CO.