Re: OT-BIO:Betty Wilkerson

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/2/1999 2:16:25 PM Central Standard Time,
dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net writes:

<<
 It's a pity you couldn't save more of your irises when you moved.  I'm
 curious to hear more about your seedlings.  Have you ever registered or
 introduced anything?

About half of my seedlings are the strongest from 95 crosses.  I've not seen
them bloom, and may not in 1999 since they were out of the ground too long and
planted too late.  I anxiously await bloom on 9524 (Earl of Essex X Hot
Streak) and 9527 (Theater X Rebound).  Both should produce seedlings in the
red/brown plicata range.

The rest are what I think are the best of my seedlings from 1986 thru 1994.  A
pale pink seedling from Presence X Pink Attraction.  Also some things from
Bridge In Time and a seedling from Titan's Glory X Feedback.  Most were saved
for linage or because of a feature I liked--height and branching for instance.

In 1995, I introduced Bridge In Time, Returning Chameleon, and Gilded Cream.
The first two rebloomed for me and have been reported to rebloom in other
areas.  Gilded Cream was from Ice Sculpture and Gold Burst.  It is a great
garden variety and could rebloom in moderate climates, but I've had no report
of it doing so.

All will be treated special this year with a raised bed, landscape cloth and
soaker hoses.  I hope to  get optimum growth, bloom, and rebloom.

Ah, geeeeeeeeees!  You got me started!   Guess I'd better say Bye!

Betty in Bowling Green.