OT-CHAT: Weather

From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>

We had our first winter storm come through early Friday morning.  The
first 24 hours of the storm consisted of sleet and freezing rain.  We
were supposed to have heavy snow all day today but thank goodness the
snow passed to the north of us.  Even though the snow missed us we now
have all this ice to deal with.

Today I went outside to clean off my Bronco so that we could go
somewhere if we wanted to.  No exaggeration here, it took me
1 1/2 hours to clean off the Bronco!  I had ice over 4 inches deep in
places and the poor truck's heater just couldn't seem to put out enough
heat to melt it all.  And to top it all off we had wind chills in the
-20 range today.  Brrrrrrr!  Sure am looking forward to summer.

Glenn & Linda Simmons