Re: COMP: database update

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@digitalpla.net>

Dennis,

Rosalie Figge has done an excellent job of tracking down the first names of
the hybridizers that you asked about (and in the middle of the night,
too!), but there are a few points on which her remarks may be amended or
extended:

> #3  C.E,C.Bartlett of Somerset, England

Usually referred to as "Cy" Bartlett, so presumably one of those C's stands
for "Cyrus" (?)

> #66   probably  David F. Hall  This was back in '2 5

Actually, the hybridizer of LODESTAR was C. H. (Charles Henry) Hall from
Pennsylvania, not David Hall from Illinois, who gets most of the credit for
originating the tangerine-bearded pinks

> #22 - I forgot -- think that must be Geddes Douglas  -----the other
person
> spelled
> her name with 2 ss:  Douglass.  Geddes (may be a he) was  from Tenn. and
she
> was from Calif.

Geddes Douglas was the hybridizer of CHERRY FALLS and he was a man.

cwalters@digitalpla.net
Where a post-Christmas thaw has melted nearly all of our snow cover (=
white mulch)