Re: OT:CHAT: Millennium Celebration

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>Commonsense feels that there is a bigger
>difference between 1999 and 2000 than there is between 2000 and 2001,
and in this case commonsense is going to prevail, even though its
perception does not accurately reflect the reality of the calendar.
>Jeff Walters in northern Utah  (USDA Zone 4/5, Sunset Zone 2)

At any rate, people wanting to celebrate the new century on New years
eve 31/12/2000 shouldn't have too much competition booking venues, as
most of us will have celebrated the year before.
I wonder who will be the first iris-talker to report iris bloom in the
new century? There's a fairly good chance of it being an Aussie. (And
who's going to check my garden and see if I'm lying? :-)) Or maybe one
of the New Zealanders will chip in.
On a more serious note - I wonder wether the list will exist on new
years day 1/1/2000. Will the Y2K bug bring us undone?

Cheers, From Jan Clark, down under the hole in the ozone layer, and
feeling the intensity of the UV radiation.