Re: OT:CHAT: Millennium Celebration

From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

John I Jones wrote:

> When does the next millenium begin?
>
> Just stirring the pot...
> John,
     In pure technical terms, Gerry is correct because there never was a
"Year Zero."  However, most people think of the year ending with a Zero
as the start of a decade [or century, or millenium] instead of the year
ending with the one.
     Technically, the 1980's ran from Jan. 1, 1981 to Dec. 31, 1990, but
the human brain tend to naturally thing of the 80's as running from Jan.
1, 1980 to Dec. 31, 1989.
     So, really I guess it is from which point of view one wished to
look at the matter.  I don't do New Year's Eve Parties, but I figure the
biggest parties will be Dec. 31 of this year...

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.