Re: CULT: New Year Disaster

From: Pat Bass <bpbass@gj.net>

J.F. Hensler wrote:

> From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
>
> >> all the little oak trees were unscathed... for once. <<
>
> Sounds like this isn't the first time!
>
> We used to have a problem with a neighbor's horses...
>
> After the third assault within a matter of months, I stopped complaining to the neighbors (and the sheriff) about the damage.
>
> When the owner finally showed up to collect his animals, I calmly asked how he'd like his steaks cut next time.
>
> Haven't seen neighbors or horses since. Go figure.......

Christy,

Marvelous solution!  We knew a guy in Hutchinson who had a sign in his pasture that read "If your bull gets into our pasture,
please come get your steer!"   No cattle or horses, but we had to contend with deer where we lived in Hutch.  They walked through
my iris beds all the time and chewed the bark on any small trees we tried to start.  I finally wired hail screen around all the
little trees to keep the deer from rubbing on them, although it didn't stop it entirely but at least saved the trees.  They
nipped all the tulip blooms as soon as they came up out of the leaves, but didn't bother the iris.  The wild turkeys were the
ones who nipped the leaves but I never knew them to eat any of the buds or flowers.

Pat in CO, formerly in Kansas