Re: OT: Ice Storm

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Thank you Bill for the essay.  Today is the anniversary of Storm of the
Century for us.  The trees are still recovering -- birches that were bent to
the ground that were expected to bounce back are still somewhat arched.

Thankfully, the mild weather turned bitterly cold so we had 10 inches of
snow yesterday while areas near the Great Lakes had freezing rain and sleet.
I never thought that I'd be wishing for the snow to remain -- we usually get
tired of the mountains of snow very quickly.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)