OT Ice storm

From: Dianne Dalla Santa <dalla@apollo.ruralnet.net.au>

Thanks to Bill and Maj for two lovely posts today. I thoroughly enjoyed
reading both.

Like Jan in Castlemaine, we are sweltering in 40 celcius conditions. Not
real good for our grapes and even worse for the table grape growers
although the "sea" of plastic covers are over the table grape vines. Table
grape harvest has just commenced in the past day or two and the grapes are
protected from sun and rain by plastic sheeting rolled out over the canopy
of leaves. This is quite a sight when viewed from the air and this practice
is fairly new to our district. The plastic is recovered when harvest is
completed and reused next season. Some of the bunches of grapes can weigh
up to 3 kilograms and some overseas markets demand BIG bunches.

I also have been reading with interest the millennium thing. I was born on
January 1, 1950. Now I'm not fussed at all whether I have to celebrate
twice. The beginning of my 50th year or the beginning of my 51st year but
over the years the celebrations have always been for my 30th then 40th and
will also be for my 50th on January the 1st 2000. Jan is on the ball with
the booking of venues for Dec 31 1999. We have already booked the DJ for
our celebrations. So if you are in Oz on New years Eve 1999 come share the

Have a nice day

Dianne, Oz with blooms on Beach Girl and lots of daylilies and agapanthus
in flower.