Re: OT-BIO-Gene Buhrmester

From: "G. Buhrmester" <Buhrmgr@bright.net>

I live in west central Ohio, near Lima.  I told someone earlier today that
it was Zone 6, but aftr looking in some garden catalogs, I am definitely in
Zone 5.  I did note that there was some sawtooth damage on some of the
leaves earlier last summer.  Some of the "hollowed-out" rhizomes may have
been iris borer.  I will check out your suggestion regarding young borers
this spring and will try your suggestion regarding the insecticide.  I
received another suggestion regarding the use of ammonia and water early in
the morning, as soon as they are observed in the spring.

Thanks for your help.