Re: OT-BIO-Gene Buhrmester

From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>

Welcome to the list Gene. We are almost neighbors. I am in Middletown.
John Bruce is from Middletown also . About 2 1/2 hour drive.
Gene wrote;
> I live in west central Ohio, near Lima.

He also wrote;
.> received another suggestion regarding the use of ammonia and water early
in
> the morning, as soon as they are observed in the spring.

I would not use ammonia  myself.Amonnia is nitrogen and iris don't need
much nitrogen, as I have read.  Cleaning up and destroying or desposing of
the dead leaves in the fall and spring is one of the best controls.

Michael D. Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
Zone 5b